What is PREVENT and how can Tablet Academy help?PREVENT WORKSHOPS
Together with our partner S.T.A.R Consultancy & Training Ltd, Tablet Academy is proud to offer a number of face to face workshops aimed at supporting schools and other organisations who come into contact with young people understand and implement a PREVENT strategy in line with their respective safeguarding policies .
PREVENT is part of the Government counter-terrorism strategy and is aimed at assisting those who work, support and have a responsibility for young people. It aims to prevent people from being drawn into terrorism by working with a wide range of stakeholders in order to address the risks of radicalisation as well as responding to the ideological challenge of terrorism and the threat we face from those who promote it.
Our workshops are run by experienced professionals who have a wealth of knowledge and experience in the counter-terrorism and the PREVENT agenda. The workshops range from simple 2Hr introductory sessions to a full-day Master Class.
This workshop is suitable for those who are new PREVENT. During this workshop, you will acquire a better understanding of the PREVENT duty, the wider Government counter-terrorism strategy (CONTEST), radicalisation processes and extremism. Additionally, we will provide answers to some frequently asked questions.
Topics covered include:
- Basic awareness of PREVENT
- The CONTEST strategy
- What is extremism?
- What is radicalisation?
- What is the UK governments’ approach to combating extremism?
- PREVENT Duty overview
The course will offer guidance on implementing PREVENT within your organisation as well as ensuring that all stakeholder responsibilities are met under the PREVENT Duty.
Topics covered include:
- Those taught within the Foundation Workshop
- Expectations of PREVENT Duty
- What does ‘paying due regard’ mean in practice
- What are ‘specified authorities’ and what must they do?
- Discharging your duties
- Information sharing legislation
- How does your safeguarding policies incorporate prevent?
This workshop is suitable for those organisations who have completed the intermediate workshop and are seeking a more in-depth understanding of the topic and roles and responsibilities. The ‘emergence of groups’ will be discussed as well as identifying the signs and symbols that are associated with certain groups.
Other topics include:
- Processes of radicalisation
- Proscribed groups / insignia
- Case studies: ‘The journey of known terrorists’ focussing on antecedents, education, behaviours, opportunities, and risk factors.
- What should our response be?
- Consequence Management Plans
- Discussion around risk assessments and delivery plans.
This workshop is designed specifically for designated safeguarding leads, PREVENT leads and senior leadership teams. It enables delegates to re-create the journey of a vulnerable individual who is drawn towards extremism. We will discuss the expectations of a ‘CHANNEL’ panel including roles and responsibilities, working in collaboration using a multi-agency approach, and data protection. The course will cover topics such as:
- Ofsted descriptors
- How to improve your Ofsted rating
- National local regional governance structures
- The role of a Channel panel
- Counter Terrorism Local Profiles (CTLP)
- Understanding your risks to help inform your assessments.
- Developing your local delivery plans and monitoring arrangements
- Channel Panel Workshop, role play and decision making. An opportunity to work using real time intelligence to inform the identification of risks, interventions and defensible decision making.
This workshop is designed specifically for individuals who hold the leadership team of an educational establishment to account thus enabling them to integrate positive change. The workshop will explain what the establishment must have in place to legally comply with the PREVENT duty and will cover PREVENT, the PREVENT Duty, the responsibilities of specified authorities, and methods of successful execution of these responsibilities under the PREVENT Duty. The workshop will also share templates that can be used to detail works, risk assessments and delivery plans. This workshop is delivered following an initial meeting with clients to gain an understanding of their specific requirements.
This workshop is specifically tailored to the client and will cover topics they have specifically requested. It will cover an understanding of PREVENT and the PREVENT Duty as well as explaining CHANNEL and the referral processes.
The workshop is designed to promote competence and confidence across the client organisation when undertaking PREVENT related issues. This workshop is delivered following an initial meeting with the client in order to acquire an understanding of their specific requirements. In addition to client specific requirements, the course will include:
- Facilitated risk management,
- Discussing and designing delivery plans
- Risk assessments
- Case study work.
Course duration: Full and half day options